Saturday, June 6, 2015

In the Clouds

I am both excited and nervous about cloud computing.  The ability to automatically back up all my documents and pictures is fabulous.  I take a lot of pictures so it saves space on my phone and I don't have to worry about losing all my them if something happens to my phone, or my laptop for that matter.  I have lived the nightmare of a computer crash and losing everything on it.  I had audio and webcam videos of my nephew talking and singing when he was a baby.  I lost them all when one of the older kids downloaded a virus to my computer.  I was a computing beginner that did not back up my files.  I had to learn the hard way.  The cloud could prevent someone else from losing a file or picture that is precious to them. I also really like the collaboration feature. It could be helpful in many different ways.  Whether you are working on a project for school, work, or planning a church bake sale, everyone involved has a place to make changes and see what is going on with the project in real time.  The thing that makes me nervous is with the sharing you have to make sure you are giving out the correct permissions.  You might accidentally grant access to someone to edit a document that you didn't want edited, or give them access to private files.  I wrote an article about cloud computing and am including the OneDrive link to it here: http://1drv.ms/1FEczlY

No comments:

Post a Comment